Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Worst Dinner

Because we are a food blog, and an equal opportunity one at that (see our vegetarian contributor), I will now tell you about the utter piece of shit that my dinner tonight turned out to be.

It all started with a craving: egg salad. Some of you may already be grossed out, but this is a dish I enjoy about twice a year. So, I had a sour cream based mixture in my fridge (lots of chili powder, lime, garlic salt - this was for fajitas the other night). Boiled up my eggs and cooled them down. Then, chopped up some green onion and red bell pepper. I mixed these things together and hacked off a couple of slices of bread from my garlic loaf.

This was, quite simply, the worst egg salad I have ever had. Thin (blame the sour cream and lime), not so flavorful (not enough salt?), and none of that goodness that the mixture of mayo and egg yolks gives you. Also, I probably failed by adding no mustard. Anyways, this was just a horrible dinner, and if it hadn't've been from the incredible guacamole I had beforehand, tonight would have been a total culinary failure.

I am not really sure what the lesson learned here is; perhaps it is, never make egg salad without mayo. Anyway, I really just want to eat something good to wipe this taste out of my mouth, but the worst part is that I am full and can't think of eating anything else. This sucks.

No comments: