Friday, March 12, 2010

Shrooms

Every once in a while, we buy the mondo pack of mushrooms from Costco. In weeks where I have to eat the whole thing myself, I have to get creative. This week, I achieved. We had some Strawberry Balsamic vinaigrette left to us by some departing friends, and I wondered, what will we do with this? The other factor going into this is that I have a 1lb tub of mixed spring greens, also from Costco. It is $4, so don't hate.

Anyhow, I cut up about 10 big mushrooms, dumped in the vinaigrette, and let them marinate up. They went into my dinner salad, along with feta and a heated, healthy portion of the black bean/pineapple/red onion/avocado salsa I had done earlier in the week. This was a fantastic salad, and I owe it all to the sweet balance the Strawberry Balsamic mushrooms brought to the plate.

Sorry for the delay in posts. Blame Brad.

No comments: